Thursday, October 2, 2008

Women's Expo

Today i participated in a Women's Expo. the purpose of this event is to promote women entrepreneurs. it was held at a huge library an hour east of my home. i awoke to my daughter feeling miserable from a back to school cold and trying to sort out the "what now!" i called my ex and he happily took my daughter for the day. PHEW! he isn't always so cooperative so it turned out well. the event itself was filled with cautious and conservative buyers. it was hard not to be discouraged. i choose not to be! i made a few good contacts for potential wholesale accounts as well as met some great crafters! the woman in the booth next to me was great. we talked all day long. by the time i left, we parted with a hug and felt like old friends. funny how situations put you in a position to meet someone that you feel you were meant to meet! we had a great day and took each other's card and plan to support each other as much as we can.

All in all, it was a positive experience. i saw numerous students from my glass classes that i have taught over the years, i saw someone i went to school with and hadn't seen in over 20 years ( i won't say how many years over 20 though!) and i saw other crafters from my town that i didn't know were participating in the event. mostly, i had a lot of positive experiences that made this a worthwhile event.

Tomorrow, if my daughter is not feeling too badly, i will follow up on one of the wholesale inquiries and i will continue to put some more work on my Etsy store.

don't forget to check back on monday! i am planning at least one weekly special. if all goes well, i will do more than one per week.

thanks for stopping by!

No comments: